❖ Bathe or shower the morning of your surgery to minimize the risk of infection. You may brush your teeth or use mouthwash the morning of surgery; however, remember not to swallow any water.
❖ Refrain from smoking after midnight of the day preceding your surgery.
Notify Your Doctor Immediately:
- If for any reason you cannot keep your scheduled appointment for surgery.
- You suspect that you are pregnant.
- You experience any change in your health such as a cough, fever or a cold.
Here is a quick checklist for the day of your surgery:
- Be sure to have an adult present to drive you home when your surgery is completed. You cannot drive yourself.
- Please leave all valuables, including jewelry and watches, at home. Be sure to remove all body piercings.
- Please bring any deposits or co-pays.
- Please bring your insurance card and photo ID so we may properly bill your insurance carrier.
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing.
- Please do not wear contact lenses or make-up.
- Please bring a written list of the medications you are taking along with the dosages.
Arriving at Blue Water Surgery Center
Please plan to arrive promptly and check-in upon arrival and have a seat in our waiting room.
Our Admissions Representative will confirm and complete all necessary paperwork with you. Once completed, one of our nurses will take you back to the pre-op area so you may prepare for surgery.
Your nurse will escort you to a dressing room where you will be asked to put on a special gown, cap and slippers. Your clothing and other personal belongings will be kept for safekeeping.
The Procedure Itself
Anesthesia Care Team
Anesthesia services are provided by a board certified anesthesiologist, highly qualified in all aspects of outpatient anesthesia. Your anesthesiologist will examine you before surgery and answer any questions you may have. Be sure to talk to your anesthesiologist about any medications you are currently taking, even over-the-counter drugs.